Monday, January 10, 2011

Why I Do What I Do


I am hoping that this blog will be something that will continue for some time and will be a blessing to other. That said, I think it is important to be upfront about who I am and maybe explain a little about why I do what I do and think like I do.
I read because I think it is one of the world’s last simple pleasures. I am actually getting a Kindle soon so I don’t have to lug all my school books around but in general there is absolutely nothing better than picking up a book and reading it, feeling the texture of the pages and getting lost in the beauty of the words. Have you ever read a book that so enraptured you that you were sad when you read the last words. I have! The feeling is so odd and even odder to explain, but I hope you read at least one book like this in your lifetime.
I write because it helps me organize. Does this sound weird? I used to never write anything down because my thoughts went faster that I could get the words down and that frustrated me. I tried to journal when I was younger, but it wasn’t until college that I really began to write about my life and my thoughts. Sometimes it was a daily thing or more recently, I have found the pages of my journal blank for months. But that it what is great about writing. You can always come back to it! I am always making lsits, writing down quotes or random thoughts. I love to have some evidence of what I am going through which is also why...
I scrapbook. It is time consuming and it is messy and i have boxes full of mementos and pictures that I hope to one day create into sometimes of timeline of my life. Truthfully, I think that my apartment would be much more organized and I would be a lot less neurotic, but it is something I truly enjoy and something that I can make for my future children and grandchildren.
I talk because I have something to say. Granted, I talk a lot less than I used to and I rarely share very personal things about myself unless you are one of the maybe ten people I trust enough. I will use what I have gone through as examples but only if I see someone who needs to know that information. Lately, I have spent a lot of time alone and while I do enjoy being around people, I enjoy having to answer to no one about what I am doing at any given moment. 
I attend Seminary because God told me to. To answer the question everyone asks, no, I am not going to be a pastor of a church, but other than that I have no idea. I would love to live in France again some day and I truly believe that it will happen because I dream of walking the streets of Aix so frequently. More often than not, you will hear me complaining about Seminary. It isn’t because I don’t love it, because I do. I am just critical, but not in a bad way. It is one of my gifts to notice things others don’t. I am not negative, I just see things differently than you. 
I live life for God. Funny that I can write that now and not even cringe. I am not the most vocal of Christians and I don’t pepper my speech with Praise the Lords, but I have a deep relationship with Jesus and it is pretty cool the way He has been working in my life lately. Ask me about it sometime and I might just tell you.
Well, that’s it today. Still trying to find the tone that I want the blog to take. It really isn’t about me, but about God after all, and I want to make sure that is evident above all else.  Something to ponder for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...