Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tip Me Tuesday: Clothes Separators

Bear with me people. I know there seem to be lots of baby themed things lately, but I promise next week I will get my act together and show some of the other fun stuff that I have been doing.


I saw this idea for closet divider from the lovely Ashley Ann from Under the Sycamore. You can see her original post and instructions here.


1. I started with 6 letter "o"s that I got from hobby lobby. Because the bar that the dividers are going on can be removed I didn't have to do anything else, but I imagine you could cut a slight opening in them as well.

2. Paint the backs of the O's. I forgot to do the sides and inside edges until after the paper was on and it was kinda of a mess so make sure it is completely covered.

I just used paint from a leftover sample I had purchased a while back
3. Trace the letter onto paper for the 6 O's. You could do this before or after you painted depending on how patient you are. I used craft glue but you could also use modge podge to adhere the paper.

4. Add details. I didn't purchase a single thing other than the O's for this project. I used scraps of paper, leftover ribbon, and leftover thickers for the numbers. I really don't think you can go wrong with the decorating-- I just kinda went for it. My only goal was to make each one look different.

5. The original instructions said to put modge podge over the top of the paper once you were done decorating but I skipped that step because my dividers had lots of 3D stuff on them.

6. The finished product:


7. The divider on the clothing rod. So, if you put all 0-3 months clothes between the 0 and 3 divider, all 3-6 months clothes between the 3 and 6 divider, and so forth. With the amount of clothing my sister is accumulating for my future nephew, she is certainly going to use these.


Once again, this is a great project to use for anything. It doesn't have to be for babies... if your closet is anything like mine, it is dying for some fun organization like this. 


Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...