Thursday, June 16, 2011

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward
- the amount of times I have eaten out in the last two weeks. I think I have reached my quota for the year to be honest.
- Phoenix. when it is this hot and will likely get 20 degrees warmer, it is just awkward.
- my life in general? sometimes it is just awkward.
- the guy who entered the Walgreens parking lots through the obvious exit lane. But well done in not hitting me. that might have ruined my day.
- the creepy old guy in the condo complex that has like 25 cats who run around. It is actually really sad... maybe this belongs in the sad category and not the Awkward one.
-looking around for a half hour for my jump drive and then remembering I stuck it in my bra. and this is not the first time this has happened either.

Awesome
- my amazing friends Emily and Brie are heading off into new adventures and I am so excited to see how God is going to use them to change others' lives.
- my pottery class the other day. Alas, no photos but it was so much fun.
- sleeping... I am just so glad that I get to do it cause it makes me happy. Wish I could spend more time doing it.
- starting the 30 for 30 challenge as explained here. I already feel much more creative with my wardrobe. One day I will actually post pictures.
- awesome meeting with seminary professor and renewed excitement about school and ministry.
- 19th century art. see some of my favorites below:




Woman with a Parasol - Madame Monet and Her Son by Monet

 La Classe de Danse by Degas

La Balancoire by Renoir

L'homme blessé by Courbet
     



2 comments:

  1. Hey, I found your blog on ISLY! I am from Phoenix, too. I am going to do the next 30 X 30 Challenge -- what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ISLY! And you don't have to wait to the next one, just start now and go a few days later. You can link up your blog as a participating one at http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com. Hope you keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...